Sunday, April 26, 2015

Paved Trails (River Legacy Park)

It rained last weekend which brings natural trail hiking to a halt because of the mud and dangers (slipping, inability to climb). A good alternative would be to hike on a paved trail. The one I will be reviewing will be River Legacy trail in Arlington, TX which I visited this weekend.

River Legacy Park has different amenities such as a playground, nature center, picnic areas, and a biking/hiking trail. The first thing I noticed was how manicured and clean it was. It definitly has a "park feel". If you are hiking for challenges or hiking for relaxation this may not be the hike for you. I found that sharing a trail with cyclists can be very annoying because you always have to be cautious so that you don't get hit. One benifit would be that you can go during any season or weather because it is paved. The other plus would be you don't have to be cautious of your footing or foot placement since it is straight and stable concrete. The other advantage would be if you have siblings or children you can take them to the playground after the hike to burn out extra energy.

This paved trail was definitly pretty good if the weather was bad the previous day or you just want to hike on a straight and stable surface. I would definitly recommend this as a family orientated trail fun for everyone. Although I did still have the ability to hike it reminded me that I do like natural trails better.  I'm eager to see what next week brings because hiking is always an adventure.    

3 comments:

  1. Its funny, I never Looked at Hiking to be so diverse. Ive always thought hiking was simply walking in a mountain, with a backpack on. Little did i know it has so much complexity. I will definatly keep up with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its funny, I never Looked at Hiking to be so diverse. Ive always thought hiking was simply walking in a mountain, with a backpack on. Little did i know it has so much complexity. I will definatly keep up with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Hiking has a lot more to offer than I have ever expected. I may just go on a hike myself! I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete