Sunday, April 19, 2015

My First Hike

We arrived at Cedar Ridge Preserve shortly after sunrise and it was a little chilly outside. We really just showed up thinking it was some what of a litte "walk".  Little did I know this would be my favorite hike to date for many reasons.

Now throughout my experiences on many trails my first hiking locatiton is my favorite because it had everything I liked and nothing I didn't like. First it had beautiful landscapes such as, being on top of a towering hill that overlooked my hometown in way I had never seen before, to an amzing pond with fish and turtles, to the flat grounds with what seemed like millions of wild flowers. Second, the route was flawless in the that you were always surprised at every turn. I climbed steep and challenging hills that made me aware that you needed your ankles very much in a way I was not used to. Next, the air was very crisp and clean in a way that connected you to nature and made you feel at home. Lastly, the ground was a natural trail surface which is soft and easy to climb and walk on over many miles.

This trail left the biggest impression on me. After doing many trails this one has still stuck out due to the perfect conditions it has and the amazing scenery out of all the hikes I have been on. I would definetly recommend this trail to anyone who wants to start hiking in Cedar Hill because it is still my favorite to date.  

1 comment:

  1. That sounds gorgeous, Triston! I'm so glad you're understanding what people love about hiking.

    ReplyDelete